X

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW

ABOUT OUR TASTING BOX SAMPLING PROGRAM, FOODIE CONTESTS & OFFERS


Pickled Beets

Pickled Beets by Sunshine Farms
Pickled_Beets1 by Sunshine Farms
New Pickup Location
X
SHARE:

We've taken fresh Ontario beets, sliced them and turned them into pickled beets like Grandma used to make with none of the fuss. Adds wonderful colour to a pickle tray. Garnish a spring salad with our pickled beets and chevre...delicious.

John and Claudia Jaques are the head of the Jaques family farm, Sunshine Farms. Together they have raised 3 boys who now all have families of their own. The Jaques are all firm believers in the importance of family farms and what they bring to our neighbourhoods and our tables.

We are located in beautiful Chatham –Kent, the veggie producing capital of Canada. Sunshine Farms is a 5th generation family farm who turned our problem of too much asparagus into a delicious unique pickled asparagus. Ontario used to have a robust vegetable packing industry and we had been transitioning our cash crop lands into asparagus fields to meet the demands of our customers. Slowly, the tides began to turn and packing houses were moving out of Ontario and slowly but surely we lost purchasers for the majority of our asparagus. So, in 1981, we took to the kitchen and tried (sometimes horribly) recipe after recipe to pickle our field fresh asparagus. We finally landed on a flavour that we all loved, and hoped others would too. Well, it turns out that our friends and neighbours loved it as much as we did and we started selling to people we didn’t know and they liked it too! As sales for our pickled asparagus grew, we decided to add cucumbers to our line up and those have been a big hit with our customers as well.

From mid May to the end of June each and every year you will find the farm a beehive of activity, asparagus can grow so fast it needs to be harvested twice a day, every day! We wash and chill the asparagus as it comes in from the fields, some is trimmed for fresh retails sales, including on the farm at our market store and the rest is trimmed to be stuffed into jars and turned into pickles. Once mid July rolls around, we’re at it again, this time turning cucumbers into many varieties of pickles. All harvest and packed by hand, that’s the Sunshine Farms difference.

Sunshine Farms prides itself on being a 100% Canadian company. We grow and harvest 95% of what we put in a jar, the other 5% we source from local other Canadian companies. Sunshine Farms pickles are the only certified organic pickle that is available from coast to coast to coast!

We offer a full line of pickled vegetables from fiery dills to zesty asparagus, including 13 that are certified organic. Our relish was given the Golden Apple award in 2018 for best in class flavour and an unblemished food safety record. Our veggies are picked and packed into jars within a day of being harvested to maintain the field fresh flavours. Sunshine Farms is CanadaGap certified for produce food safety and the our pickling operations is CFIA inspected and SQF certified.

Simply grown, simply made, simply dill-icious; just like Grandma used to make.

Beets, water, sugar, vinegar, salt Refrigerate after opening

Per 3 pieces 20 Calories 0 Fat 5 mg Sodium 4 g Carbohydrates 3 g Sugar

Sunshine Farms from Thamesville, ON

Sunshine FarmsThamesville, ON

John and Claudia Jaques are the head of the Jaques family farm, Sunshine Farms. Together they have raised 3 boys who now all have families of their own. The Jaques are all firm believers in the importance of family farms and what they bring to our ne

Contact us

Store Policy

Our minimum order is 3 units. You may mix flavours and sizes to meet the 3 jar minimum. We can also ship full cases, which are packed 12 per case regardless of jar size. Full cases cannot be mixed. For orders larger than 1 case, please contact [email protected] to arrange delivery. We strive to ship orders within 2 business days. Note our product is packed in glass jars, so take care with the carton. We do our best to protect the jars during transit. Due to our short turnaround time to fulfill orders, changes cannot be accepted once the order has been placed.
There are no reviews yet, be the first one to review this product!