Everyone loves a delicious meal that brings back great memories from time spent with family and friends. And the fewer the ingredients and clean up, the better! Here are 25 easy nostalgic food recipes that will keep your family satisfied.
1. Easy Paleo Homestyle Meatloaf by Stay Fit Mom. Perfect for a weeknight meal and you can add in any extra veggies you have on hand.
2. Chicken Parmesan Meatballs from Spoon Full of Flavor. Homemade meatballs baked in tomato sauce and filled with spinach create a simple weeknight meal that the entire family will love.
3. Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes from Jo Cooks. An incredibly easy and delicious comfort food recipe.
4. Twice Baked Potato Casserole from Taste of Home. A hearty casserole loaded with bacon, cheese, green onions and sour cream.
5. Easy Chicken Broccoli Casserole from Grass Fed Girl (paleo, gluten free). Avoid the gluten and try a healthier version of the classic chicken broccoli casserole.
6. Mediterranean Tuna Noodle Casserole from Martha Stewart. The addition of artichoke hearts and red peppers give great flavour to this nostalgic recipe.
7. Double Crust Chicken Pot Pie from Sally’s Baking Addiction. The options to switch up this classic chicken pot pie recipe are endless.
8. Chicken Taco Rice Skillet from Creme de la Crumb. The rice, chicken, and veggies bring all come together in one ultra cheesy meal that will be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
9. Slow Cooker Sweet & Sour Chicken with Pineapple from Life Made Sweeter. No need to order take-out with this easy and delicious slow cooker version.
11. Triple Ginger Apple Streusel Coffee Cake from Heather’s Dish. A slice of perfectly sweet, moist, crumbly, fresh-from-the-oven coffee cake.
12. Strawberry Lemonade Fruit Leather from Somewhat Simple. A few simple ingredients create the ultimate back-to-school snack.
13. S’more Cookies from Man Food. Soft and chewy chocolate cookie with stretchy marshmallow inside
14. Peach Pie from Apt 2B Baking Co. Sweet-honeyed peaches encased in a buttery crust.
15. Homemade Nutella from The Healthy Foodie. Deliciously creamy dark chocolate hazelnut spread that you can make at home.
16. Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Brownies from Fragrant Vanilla Cake (vegan). A vegan twist on a classic peanut butter brownie.
17. Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jelly Bars from SoFabFood. Magical peanut butter bars topped with strawberry preserves and fresh strawberries make a great lunchbox treat or after school snack!
18. Sky High Lemon Meringue Pie from Honest Cooking. A summertime classic! In this recipe, the whole pie is baked for nearly a half hour so the meringue is perfectly cooked.
19. Homemade Graham Crackers from Food Renegade. This recipe uses sprouted einkorn flour for a healthier take on this childhood favourite.
20. Lemon Blueberry Whoopie Pies from A Spicy Perspective. A zesty lemon filling is sandwiched between two soft vanilla cakes. Yum.
21. Warm Skillet Butter Tart Bars from SweetRevelations. Slightly runny, filled with raisins and walnuts, with a splash of Maple Whiskey, and finished with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
22. Classic Nanaimo Bars from Canadian Living. These bars have a crumb base layered with a creamy custard filling and a chocolaty topping.
23. Millionaire Shortbread from Little Spice Jar. A shortbread crust topped with creamy caramel, and followed with the smooth richness of chocolate.
24. Easy Homemade Oreo Ice Cream Cake from Photos & Food. This Oreo ice cream cake recipe is so delicious, refreshing and easy to make. Best of all, you don’t need an ice cream maker.
25. Healthy Homemade Fudgesicles from What The Fork Food Blog. Made with coconut milk and sweetened with honey so they’re dairy free, gluten free, and naturally sweetened.