½ cup of wild rice
1 Delicata squash (about 1 lb)
1 lb of Brussels sprouts
1 tsp. of fennel seeds
1 tsp. crushed pepper
1 tsp. of olive oil
1/2 of Romanesco cabbage
1 cup of feta
1/2 of roasted pumpkin seeds
3 cups of rocket
3 green onions, thinly chopped
2 tbsp. roughly cut fresh tarragon
Buttermilk and Dijon Vinaigrette
1/2 cup of buttermilk
2 tbsp. of (Dijon-style) mustard
2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. of honey
2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
1/2 cup of olive oil
1 tsp of salt
1. For the vinaigrette, blend all the ingredients in a bowl using a whisk until homogenous. 2. Cook the wild rice in a large pot of salted water. Set aside.
3. Wash the squash. Cut the squash in half from top to bottom. Remove the seeds and the fibers. Keep the skin on, then cut 5 mm thick slices in the shape of half-moons.
4. Cut the Brussels sprouts in half. Mix them with the squash, olive oil, fennel seeds and crushed pepper. Spread the mix over a baking sheet.
5. Put in the oven at 230 °C (450 °F) for 8-9 minutes until lightly roasted. Separate the Romanesco cabbage into little florets and grill over a high flame until well grilled, but still al dente.
6. In a bowl mix the wild rice, roasted squash, Brussels sprouts, grilled Romanesco cabbage, pumpkin seeds, feta, rocket, green onions, tarragon and a little bit of the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
7. Enjoy with a glass of Laughing Stock Viognier.